Discussion Locked This discussion was locked by a forum moderator.

Hello, Ivar Kjelberg,

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

can you give me your email?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2011, 4:32 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2011, 4:32 a.m. EST
Hi

No I dont give my mail, because anyhow I do not reply on COMSOL issues outside the of Forum, so try to submit your issues here on the Forum, there are other than me to, and I do not cover well all issues.
And if you believe your subject is "too confidential", then anyhow you should NOT send it to me, nor publish it on the Forum.
What I do: decompose the issue to something simple, that you might share, often I then understand the problem and find the reply myself. If not I send it out here, or to "support". Anyhow complex models are difficult to debug, one must decompose them and take one step at the time

I'm here for fun, on my spare time, I do my best when I believe I can contribute, hoping I'm not giving to many wrong or misunderstood anwers ;)

My mail is for the paid business, and my boss pays me for using COMSOL when required for developping new hight tech systems for the industry. And there COMSOL has given us a boost on "time to understand" of complex systems. To be clair I'm NOT from COMSOL, just a fan of their software, ecause now you can "see physics" as never before

Last thing, unfortunately 3.5a is getting old in my mind, I have even removed the software from my computer so I cannot run it.
I'm not particularly keen for the "run after last version", but the v4 (r)evolution has taken me by entousiasm, I find it far easier to use. But I will freeze again my jumps in version, particularly for complex projects going on over years, the change in software issues bring suprises that are often difficult to explan to the client (mostly in lost time to redo things already done) so our approach is to minimise software changes within a project duration (or at least major phases).
But I fully understand that everybody cannot jump to latest version each year, for that you need to pay your maintenance, something tricky in difficult times, as for many today. And 3.5a was/is a good stable version giving correct results

--
Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi No I dont give my mail, because anyhow I do not reply on COMSOL issues outside the of Forum, so try to submit your issues here on the Forum, there are other than me to, and I do not cover well all issues. And if you believe your subject is "too confidential", then anyhow you should NOT send it to me, nor publish it on the Forum. What I do: decompose the issue to something simple, that you might share, often I then understand the problem and find the reply myself. If not I send it out here, or to "support". Anyhow complex models are difficult to debug, one must decompose them and take one step at the time I'm here for fun, on my spare time, I do my best when I believe I can contribute, hoping I'm not giving to many wrong or misunderstood anwers ;) My mail is for the paid business, and my boss pays me for using COMSOL when required for developping new hight tech systems for the industry. And there COMSOL has given us a boost on "time to understand" of complex systems. To be clair I'm NOT from COMSOL, just a fan of their software, ecause now you can "see physics" as never before Last thing, unfortunately 3.5a is getting old in my mind, I have even removed the software from my computer so I cannot run it. I'm not particularly keen for the "run after last version", but the v4 (r)evolution has taken me by entousiasm, I find it far easier to use. But I will freeze again my jumps in version, particularly for complex projects going on over years, the change in software issues bring suprises that are often difficult to explan to the client (mostly in lost time to redo things already done) so our approach is to minimise software changes within a project duration (or at least major phases). But I fully understand that everybody cannot jump to latest version each year, for that you need to pay your maintenance, something tricky in difficult times, as for many today. And 3.5a was/is a good stable version giving correct results -- Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.