Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of a gear pump with intermeshing sprockets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

simulation of a gear pump with intermeshing sprockets

I have been trying to simulate flow in a gear pump with two intermeshing sprockets ( see the model model). I have created two rotating domains for sprockets and one channel. I searched through the literature and people have done this type of simulation using overset mesh in other software. I am not sure how to use those methods in COMSOL. Your thoughts/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Sohan Birla

0 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2019, 5:20 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sohan Birla

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.