Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

disk error while writing temporary solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have solved a model on supercomputer and trying to load that file on my pc the size of the file is 44GB, and it doesnt open on my pc instead says disk error while writing temporary solution, how do I resolve this, should i change the directory for comsol?

Thanks,
Rabia

1 Reply Last Post Feb 1, 2012, 12:40 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 1, 2012, 12:40 p.m. EST
Hi
if your compressed file is 44Gb, then the GUI would probably need 2x that in RAM and about the same in spare disk capacity (fair guess) which means you need a damn big PC to load that result file.

If it ran on a cluster you probably need to display it on something similar

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if your compressed file is 44Gb, then the GUI would probably need 2x that in RAM and about the same in spare disk capacity (fair guess) which means you need a damn big PC to load that result file. If it ran on a cluster you probably need to display it on something similar -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.