Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

frequeny- stationary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all
i want to put voltage source with two ampliude with two frequencies

v1= 13000*sin(omeg*t)
v2= 500 *sin (3*omeg*t)

i want to apply voltage = v1+v2 where omeg=2*pi*freq and freq=7000 hz

i want to get the responce after very long time so i want to solve by frequeny stationary solver

i don't know how to write applying voltage correctly in the model

help me please

2 Replies Last Post Mar 12, 2012, 6:41 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2012, 5:49 a.m. EDT

Hi,

the frequency domain solver can only solve for one frequency. In your case I think you have two options:

1. Time dependent solver with your explicit function. This will take a lot of time to solve.

2. If your model is linear you can generate separate solutions for all frequencies you are intersted in and add the results.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, the frequency domain solver can only solve for one frequency. In your case I think you have two options: 1. Time dependent solver with your explicit function. This will take a lot of time to solve. 2. If your model is linear you can generate separate solutions for all frequencies you are intersted in and add the results. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2012, 6:41 a.m. EDT
hi thank you for reply

i want to ask if i try to solve with frequency domain. is it possible?
hi thank you for reply i want to ask if i try to solve with frequency domain. is it possible?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.