Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF Module, 3D simulation with PML boundaries, ver 4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, everybody

I am a new user and I need help.

At first, I want to simulate a small cylinder system (let me all this object A) with PML boundaries (a larger cylindrical shell, let me all this B) all around (with no overlap) , when I select the some boundaries as port 1, I find it gives no response, I cannot select it.

So I change the geometry, I make A and B equall height, so that I could set A's boundary as a port. Then I want to do boundaries mode analysis first, but it gave me a program error (see picture attached). In the error log it told me that there's something wrong at some special points. I found all these points are located at the port boundary region.

My questions is:
1). Is it impossilbe to set a port not at the outer boundary of the whole structure?
2). If the answer if question 1 is yes, what should I do...

Thank you very much

Hao

0 Replies Last Post Jun 20, 2012, 4:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hao Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.