Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deformed mesh in Stress-Optical Effects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a question concerning the model Stress-Optical Effects (www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/190/). In step 1, the structural mechanics module calculates the deformed structure. Does Comsol then automatically use the deformed mesh for the calculation of the optical modes?
In the example, an optical computation domain boundary is defined. Suppose now that the deformation is so great that the waveguide is no longer in this domain, does the optical computation boundary move/deform along with the waveguide and the rest of the structure or do I need to add a ALE?
Thanks,

Elewout

1 Reply Last Post Jul 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 12, 2012, 1:09 p.m. EDT
Hi Elewout,

These days I am also working on the stress-optical effect. But I met problems. I can't run the simulation after finishing the processes according to models.rf.stress_optical_generalized.pdf (www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/190/) .

I can't access ress_optical.mph at www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/190/. Can you access the
ress_optical.mph? If so, can you kindly send the ress_optical.mph file to me (liuanjin@gmail.com)? I would like to find out the answers to my problems. Thank you in advance.
Hi Elewout, These days I am also working on the stress-optical effect. But I met problems. I can't run the simulation after finishing the processes according to models.rf.stress_optical_generalized.pdf (http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/190/) . I can't access ress_optical.mph at http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/190/. Can you access the ress_optical.mph? If so, can you kindly send the ress_optical.mph file to me (liuanjin@gmail.com)? I would like to find out the answers to my problems. Thank you in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.