Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

convergence problem with a 2D T junction air channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I tried to simulate a T junction air channel, the intention was to check the venturi effect. but I got problem for the convergence. I tried to change the mesh, add the point pressure contraint, etc. problem is still there.

Could anyone help me on that? Thank you in advance!

2 Replies Last Post Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 18, 2012, 4:07 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Change flow type from laminar to turbulent. Air inlet at speed 5 m/s gives Reynols value of 94000 and that is for sure turbulent flow.

Best regards

Tero
Hi, Change flow type from laminar to turbulent. Air inlet at speed 5 m/s gives Reynols value of 94000 and that is for sure turbulent flow. Best regards Tero

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 a.m. EDT
Thank you for the reply. I will try it. sorry for the delayed reply, I was in travelling.
Thank you for the reply. I will try it. sorry for the delayed reply, I was in travelling.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.