Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with model builder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a model which comprises of a curved cylinder ( you can visualize is as a part of a helix or torus) and a cone. The major radius of the curved cylinder makes 80 degrees with its centre (see 1.gif attached). The cone is placed on top of the cylinder.

Now when I try to obtain the resonance frequency of the body, from the mode shape it appears that Comsol recognises the two domains to be disconnected. Can anyone help me with this.

It appears to be a very simple problem, but I am not able to solve it. Please help.

-Sankha

P.S: The center of the cone was obtained in the following way. I first defined a working plane on the slant plane of the cylinder and extruded a point from the centre of that plane. I measured the co-ordinates of this point. I used these coordinates as the centre of the cone. However, when I zoom in, I see that the planes of the cylinder and cone do not match perfectly (I have tried a lot to match the two by tuning the coordinates, but did not work).

0 Replies Last Post Jul 22, 2012, 3:05 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sankha Mukherjee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.