Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

creating a new material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I want to make a portion of my model out of a particular material which isn't included in the built in library. How can I create a new material and add it to the library?

Many thanks,

B

3 Replies Last Post Mar 21, 2015, 11:25 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2012, 7:00 a.m. EDT
Hi

check the doc:

add a "new" material in the model, fill in the variables needed, and those known (even if not needed in the model), then save it into a user defined material that comes at the end of the material DB for next time.

note: the default location is in your user directory under ".comsol...", so if you keep it there it might disappear if you erase ".comsol", its perhaps worth to save it else ware or make regularly a backup-copy

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the doc: add a "new" material in the model, fill in the variables needed, and those known (even if not needed in the model), then save it into a user defined material that comes at the end of the material DB for next time. note: the default location is in your user directory under ".comsol...", so if you keep it there it might disappear if you erase ".comsol", its perhaps worth to save it else ware or make regularly a backup-copy -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 12, 2012, 5:49 a.m. EDT
Thank you, Ivar. Very helpful.

All the best,

B
Thank you, Ivar. Very helpful. All the best, B

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 21, 2015, 11:25 a.m. EDT
Hello All,
Please I need to add a Ni80Fe20 Permalloy in my COMSOL model and I cannot realize this material combination!
Can someone help me?!
Thank you
Hello All, Please I need to add a Ni80Fe20 Permalloy in my COMSOL model and I cannot realize this material combination! Can someone help me?! Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.