Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with the "General Stress-Deformation" Interface for external materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

currently I'm trying to use the external material with the "General Stress-Deformation" type interface. I created all the arrays as mentioned in the "Multiphysics Manual" but I always get the error message "Error in multiphysics compilation. Tensor index out of bounds" which may be related to the interface.

Some informations regarding the material model and the code:

• I'm writing in FORTRAN and using the intel FORTRAN compiler with the BIND() command so the code can be read as C. It already worked for the "stress-strain" interface so I don't think this should be the problems root.

• I need two sets of internal state variables (or one combined set but I prefer two).

• The current COMSOL model is just a simple cube with one element and tension load as recommended.

I attached the model as well as the FORTRAN sniplet and the shared library (for LINUX). If you want to run the simulation you need to re-import the shared library. If you have any solution or advice about modeling in COMSOL please share it (it's my first time using COMSOL). Thanks in advance,

Paul Löps.

0 Replies Last Post May 16, 2023, 1:50 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paul Löps

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.