Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help for a school project

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a preparatory student, for my project (tipe) which concerns induction charging, I would like to carry out different modeling with comsol. But by looking a little I did not find any help or model made beforehand. Can you give me the various aids to carry out the future modeling? I found this on the internet but not in the comsol database (see attachment). My goal would be to: - model the magnetic field between two coils one above the other (a few centimeters apart). - model the fields between three coils, two side by side spaced a few centimeters apart and the last one above (in the middle) the two previous ones. thank you for your response Lucas

6 Replies Last Post Aug 23, 2023, 2:36 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 16, 2023, 1:48 p.m. EDT

Lucas,

there is an example for Helmholtz coils in the application library that comes with COMSOL.

Cheers, Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Lucas, there is an example for Helmholtz coils in the application library that comes with COMSOL. Cheers, Edgar

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 22, 2023, 5:18 p.m. EDT
Updated: 8 months ago Aug 22, 2023, 5:52 p.m. EDT

Lucas,

there is an example for Helmholtz coils in the application library that comes with COMSOL.

Cheers, Edgar

Hello,

thank you very much for your answer. It's possible to optain the file with the coils already modeled and then do the desired experiments?

Cheers, Lucas

>Lucas, > >there is an example for Helmholtz coils in the application library that comes with COMSOL. > >Cheers, >Edgar Hello, thank you very much for your answer. It's possible to optain the file with the coils already modeled and then do the desired experiments? Cheers, Lucas

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 23, 2023, 12:39 a.m. EDT

The coils are in the model. You only need to modify them according to your needs.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
The coils are in the model. You only need to modify them according to your needs.

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 23, 2023, 5:29 a.m. EDT

Where i can find this please ?

>The coils are in the model. You only need to modify them according to your needs. Where i can find this please ?

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 23, 2023, 7:33 a.m. EDT

Where i can find this please ?

If you have COMSOL, go to Files->Application Libraries, and search 'Helmholtz Coil'.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
>>The coils are in the model. You only need to modify them according to your needs. > >Where i can find this please ? If you have COMSOL, go to Files->Application Libraries, and search 'Helmholtz Coil'.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 23, 2023, 2:36 p.m. EDT

That model is part of the AC/DC Module's application libraries, so you will need both COMSOL Multiphysics and that module on your license.

The model and its documentation can also be found in the Application Gallery on COMSOL's website: here is the link.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
That model is part of the AC/DC Module's application libraries, so you will need both COMSOL Multiphysics and that module on your license. The model and its documentation can also be found in the Application Gallery on COMSOL's website: here is [the link](https://www.comsol.com/model/magnetic-field-of-a-helmholtz-coil-15). Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.