Concentration boundary in Transport of Dilute Species in Porous Media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I will appreciate if I can get a solution to this issue I am currently facing with my simulation. I am trying to assign a concentration value for certain points along my concentration boundary that meets a set condition. For instnace, I wish to assign a concentration value of 1 mol/m^3 for every point along my concentration boundary that has its x-component velocity less than 0 without assigning any value for points along the boundary with values greater than or equal to zero. The best loop to use would have been "for" but I am not sure if that is available in COMSOL.

I tried using the "if" loop but the challenge I am having is that the "if" expression requires three statement conditions (the logical condition, the true value, and false value). However, I don't want to prescibe any value for the regions along the boundary that doesn't meet the set condition. Assigning a value less than the 1 mol/m^3 will continue to dilute the system, which I don't want. For instance, instead of "if(dl.v<0,1,0)" I will prefer "for(dl.v<0,1)"

Is there any way I can resolve this?

0 Replies Last Post Nov 2, 2023, 10:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adebayo Sadiq

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.