Explicitly define spring and dashpot coefficients

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am performing an Frequency Domain analysis for a simple structure. The soil is represented by the springs and dashpots. However, the issue is that the spring/dashpot coefficients depend on the frequency and are explicitly defined in the table (i.e. for 1Hz -> K1, C1; for 2Hz -> K2, C2; ...).

I am not sure how to: (1) input that values into COMSOL in a table format (if I even need it) (2) apply springs and damping dashpots that would take the values from the table for each individual frequency

I hope someone will be able to help me

Bests, Irakli

1 Reply Last Post Feb 2, 2024, 7:04 a.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago Feb 2, 2024, 7:04 a.m. EST

You can make an Interpolation under Definitions. It may have a name such int1. Then, make a variable K1 (Definitions->Variables). And define that as int1(freq), where freq is a frequency variable defined already within COMSOL. Under the spring you set the stiffness to K1, and when you run a frequency sweep, the frequency dependency of K1 is known.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You can make an Interpolation under Definitions. It may have a name such int1. Then, make a variable K1 (Definitions->Variables). And define that as int1(freq), where freq is a frequency variable defined already within COMSOL. Under the spring you set the stiffness to K1, and when you run a frequency sweep, the frequency dependency of K1 is known.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.