Determining the heat generation profile of magnetic nanoparticles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I am relatvely new to COMSOL and still learning the capabilties of the modeling software. I wanted to know if it was possible to obtain the heat generation capability of magnetic nanoparticles inside of a polymer. For context here is the data I have and how it was obtained.

I have nanoscale mangetic nanoparticles distributed within a rectangular polymer matrix. I place this polymer sample withing a high frequency (782 kHz) magnetic field and obtain surface temperature measurements using a IR camera. I wanted to know if it was possible given my polymer properties, thermal history, boundary conditions and magnetic field conditions, that I can model the heat generation profile of my magentic nanoparticles. Or instead if I know the magentic field strength, can I model the heating instead?

From my limited experience, it appears modeling nanoscale magnetic nanoparticles is compuationally difficult (Correct me if I am wrong). Intead I plan on applying perhaps a distributed heat generation accros the whole polymer matix. Since the nanoparticles are in a distributed state this seems reasonable.

So, can I recreate the heat generation profile of the magnetic nanoparticles given the things I listed?

Any help or direction woud be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 3, 2024, 12:28 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello RocketMan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.