Integrating Second-Order Susceptibility χ (2) for Nonlinear Optics simulation in THz region

Ahmad Shafiei Aporvari

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to explore the nonlinear optic phenomena for some matamaterial such as LiNO3(LNO) and ZnTe, with second-order susceptibility. Our challenge is to incorporate a 3 by 6 matrix susceptibility to the optical properties of a material. More explicitly, the polarization elements; Px^{(2)}, Py^{(2)} and Pz^{(2)} are equal to the multiplication of susceptibility χ (2) as 3 by 6 matrix to convolution 6 by 1 matrix that its elements are: {Ex ⋅Ex}, {Ey * Ey}, {Ez * Ez}, 2{Ey * Ez}, 2{Ex * Ez} and 2{Ex * Ey}. my problem is that I dont know how to do this simulation. As one solution, I am thinking to obtain polarization using an approperiate PDE or ODE module in COMSOL. Alternatively. using Add User-Defined Variables I might be able to define separate expressions or function for each element of the χ(2) matrix if the elements have different frequency dependencies. I have attached relevant screenshots for reference. Any insights or experiences similar to mine would be greatly appreciated.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.