Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem on Analytic function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to define analytic function E, which is a function to time, t, but when I want to plot out E(t), there is always a error, which is attached. Who can help me figure out what is the problem? t isrange(0,0.0625,30). thanks

4 Replies Last Post Feb 4, 2013, 1:03 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2013, 1:13 p.m. EST
Hi

I do not believe "e" is defined like that (perhaps "e_const" not even sure), have you checked the help function for the build in functions?
I expect to see something like exp(-t) tat should work

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not believe "e" is defined like that (perhaps "e_const" not even sure), have you checked the help function for the build in functions? I expect to see something like exp(-t) tat should work -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 p.m. EST
Thanks for your reply.
when I change it to -2*t, it still doesn't work, so what is the problem for the "invalid lower bound error" enclosed in the attachment.
Thanks for your reply. when I change it to -2*t, it still doesn't work, so what is the problem for the "invalid lower bound error" enclosed in the attachment.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 p.m. EST
Thanks for your reply.
when I change it to -2*t, it still doesn't work, so what is the problem for the "invalid lower bound error" enclosed in the attachment.
Thanks for your reply. when I change it to -2*t, it still doesn't work, so what is the problem for the "invalid lower bound error" enclosed in the attachment.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 4, 2013, 1:03 a.m. EST
Hi

for the plot further down on the definition node tabs you need to define the plot limits of "t", I expect then something is wrong there, check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for the plot further down on the definition node tabs you need to define the plot limits of "t", I expect then something is wrong there, check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.