Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

HEAT TRANSFER IN A BITUMEN TANKER

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a steel tanker filled with molten bitumen. The tanker is insulated and the bitumen is heated by two propane burners ( in form of U) located at the bottom.

For the bitumen I have Non-isothermal Flow-Laminar ,

For the gaseous phase above the bitumen: Non-isothermal Flow-Laminar (not sure).

For the propane: Pipe Flow module (I am not sure if I can use it for a gas)

Also I have Heat transfer in solids for all solid structure with convection to the exterior.

I need to simulate the propane because my goal is to analyze the different configurations of heaters and their impact in the temperature profiles , specifically , the risk of reaching ignition conditions at the interface bitumen/gaseous phase.

Are the modules ok for this simulation ? I always have some kind of error message.

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post Feb 25, 2013, 12:21 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Misael Cardona

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.