Using material properties for parameters, variables, functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I use a 2D model with AC/DC module and Magnetic Field interface. I would like to use some material properties to define the geometry, clearly I wish to use the skin depth to define the dimensions of a coil. What I usually do is copy the material property (here copper) in the parameters of Global Definition so I can also define delta = 1/sqrt(pi * f * mu * sigma). Is there a way to get mu and sigma directly from the material without having to create some fixed parameters ? I am open to any solutions that allow using delta in the geometry.

Thank you :)

Sarah


1 Reply Last Post Oct 9, 2026, 10:11 a.m. EDT
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 11 minutes ago Oct 9, 2026, 10:11 a.m. EDT

comp1.mat1.def.mur_iso or just mat1.def.mur_iso and comp1.mat1.def.sigma_iso or just mat1.def.sigma_iso

Assuming mat number is 1, of course.

Try it out.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
comp1.mat1.def.mur_iso or just mat1.def.mur_iso and comp1.mat1.def.sigma_iso or just mat1.def.sigma_iso Assuming mat number is 1, of course. Try it out.

Reply

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.