Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help! error about bandgap_photonic_crystal model.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All?

when run the bandgap_photonic_crystal example in RF model,the following error maybe appear at times.

Error:
Failed to find a solution for all parameters,
even when using the minimum parameter step.
Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.
Not all parameter steps returned.

Warning: New constraint force nodes detected: these are not stored !
25 1e-005 1.0000000 1.5e-005 126 111 229

total waring 115

And the Hz is in red color in physics> scaler variable. I think this is the place of key problem. Who know why
Thank you in advance.

Yaohui Zhan

3 Replies Last Post May 9, 2013, 3:21 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 22, 2010, 2:50 a.m. EDT
Hi

the "red" units are warnings, but in 3.5a (and earlier) not all functions permit to transmit units, so this might be OK (typically integration coupling variables do not transfer units correctly).

i can only suggest to go through your model, step by step, there is most probably a "click" missing somewhere ;)

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi the "red" units are warnings, but in 3.5a (and earlier) not all functions permit to transmit units, so this might be OK (typically integration coupling variables do not transfer units correctly). i can only suggest to go through your model, step by step, there is most probably a "click" missing somewhere ;) Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 22, 2010, 10:59 a.m. EDT
Thanks very much for your reply. It's Ok when I go through another time. The problem is due to a wrong formula input. And the red unit of Hz still exist and surely has no effect on the right result.

Best wishes!

Thanks very much for your reply. It's Ok when I go through another time. The problem is due to a wrong formula input. And the red unit of Hz still exist and surely has no effect on the right result. Best wishes!

Posted: 1 decade ago May 9, 2013, 3:21 a.m. EDT

Hi

I have the same question when run the bandgap_photonic_crystal example in RF model.
.Can you leave your e-mail for convenient communication.

Aichao Yang
[QUOTE] Hi I have the same question when run the bandgap_photonic_crystal example in RF model. .Can you leave your e-mail for convenient communication. Aichao Yang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.