Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Environment variable setting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!
Has anyone known how to set the environment variables when running comsol under Linux? I am currently writting PBS Script to submit a job to the cluster, however, I don't know what environment variables should be set in the script. For example, if I have installed the Comsol in the directory: /home/local/comsol35a, should I add the following sentenses in the script?

source /usr/local/comsol35a
comsol batch -np 2 -input=In.mph -output=Out.mph

I have tried but it comes out with an error:

/usr/local/inspur/mom_priv is not a valid COMSOL directory.

What can I do to solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post Aug 26, 2010, 12:59 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yao Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 26, 2010, 12:59 a.m. EDT
What about:

cd <directory that contains the In.mph file>
comsol batch -np 2 -inputfile In.mph -outputfile Out.mph

Tim
What about: cd comsol batch -np 2 -inputfile In.mph -outputfile Out.mph Tim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.