Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model FSI ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

I want to model blood flow in a carotid artery.I wonder how to model FSI for that.whould u please help me!?
I would be very thankful..

maral

3 Replies Last Post Jul 12, 2010, 3:53 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 3, 2010, 3:46 a.m. EDT
Dorud Maral,

There are several works done with comsol re. blood, e.g. cds.comsol.com/access/dl/papers/6981/Muraca.pdf and some more. Have you seen them?
Dorud Maral, There are several works done with comsol re. blood, e.g. http://cds.comsol.com/access/dl/papers/6981/Muraca.pdf and some more. Have you seen them?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 4, 2010, 10:52 a.m. EDT
hi

thanx for reply.yes I've read that paper.But I want to know about the details to model FSI. In the first step Im not sure which model navigator should I select! Whould you please help me?

thanx
hi thanx for reply.yes I've read that paper.But I want to know about the details to model FSI. In the first step Im not sure which model navigator should I select! Whould you please help me? thanx

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 12, 2010, 3:53 p.m. EDT
Hi

there are also the book

www.comsol.eu/support/books/imtp/

That have good examples of biology simulations, and there is at least a mode in the model library, or was it one of the courses I followed. The fluid valve in 3.5a is also I believe a good example, to be adapted closer to your need

Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are also the book http://www.comsol.eu/support/books/imtp/ That have good examples of biology simulations, and there is at least a mode in the model library, or was it one of the courses I followed. The fluid valve in 3.5a is also I believe a good example, to be adapted closer to your need Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.