Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I import field results from other solver into COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I run a simulation using another software and save the field results (resistive power field, or saying dissipated power). The result includes coordinates of each point and corresponding value, saved in both .txt and .mat file. For example of resistive power field for point i, (xi,yi,zi,Pi) are saved where xi,yi,zi are coordinates and Pi is the amplitude of resistive power field at point i.

I build up the same model with same geometry and position in COMSOL. I want to use COMSOL for further simulation, like temperature distribution using heat transfer module. How can I import the resistive power field result into COMSOL for further simulation in COMSOL?

I assume there are 2 major problems.
1. How to mesh the structure exactly the same with the mesh i used in the other solver (software)?
2. How to import the field result point by point into COMSOL?

I'm using COMSOL 3.4 currently by the way.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 11, 2010, 8:29 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Liang Cheng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.