Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post processing Time dependent Images

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am running a time dependent problem to simulate two-phase flows in 2D Laminar Phase Field mode.

The situation: My program is running and PLOT WHILE SOLVING shows me the results i am expecting to see at each time step !!!

Postprocessing: When I select any time solution frmo the general tab I get the correct output on the screen. While animating, I get two windows one on top of the other. The First Window shows a single image only (at t=0) though the time keeps shifting at the top and the title bar says Generating Movie. The second window says COMSOL Movie played and this one shows the movie I want to see, though always at a default frame rate only.

My Problem: One the movie is generated, While playing back in COMSOL Movie player, it shows only one static image, though the time step information keeps updating.
Images: When I export the current plot on screen, it always saves the same image being shown in the movie.

I AM NOW BEING FORCED TO TAKE SCREEN SHOTS..SO Please Help me ..

My COMSOL is running in Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance,

Harish

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2010, 9:11 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harish Ganapathy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Srijeeth Sathyamurthy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2010, 9:11 p.m. EDT
I am having the same problem with my model. i tried solving and post processing transient problems from the model library and still faced the same problem.

Do let me know if you find a solution or have already found one.

Thanks

Srijeeth
I am having the same problem with my model. i tried solving and post processing transient problems from the model library and still faced the same problem. Do let me know if you find a solution or have already found one. Thanks Srijeeth

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.