Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Configuring the cluster mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I've got trouble configuring properly the cluster solver configuration. I want to run a given mph in parallel on a Linux cluster (I'm using qsub on the server side). I don't want to have to use command-line mode, so the new GUI mode of the version 4 looks fine. However I don't manage to get the thing done, I think I'm missing a parameter or st.
I've not found some kind of tutorial or guide, and I find the user's guide explanations most evasive about this, so I was wondering if anyone is already using COMSOL with a linux cluster and could help me understand how to configure it better.

Thanks in advance

--
Y.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 29, 2012, 6:17 p.m. EDT
Hi everybody,

I'm exactly in the same situation as Yannick, except I found some tutorials which I cannot run.

Specifically, I think my problem is I don't know how to tell COMSOL to connect to the cluster (since I want to use the GUI). I added a "Cluster Computing" node, but I just don't know how to fill the blanks (Host file, Rsh, Filename, Directory, ...). I don't know either how to fill the blanks in the Options > Preferences > Cluster Computing menu.

Furthermore, can someone explain to me what is COMSOL server/client protocol ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Maxime.
Hi everybody, I'm exactly in the same situation as Yannick, except I found some tutorials which I cannot run. Specifically, I think my problem is I don't know how to tell COMSOL to connect to the cluster (since I want to use the GUI). I added a "Cluster Computing" node, but I just don't know how to fill the blanks (Host file, Rsh, Filename, Directory, ...). I don't know either how to fill the blanks in the Options > Preferences > Cluster Computing menu. Furthermore, can someone explain to me what is COMSOL server/client protocol ? Thank you very much for your help. Maxime.

Posted: 10 years ago Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 p.m. EDT
I have the same problem in filling the fields, the only different in my case is that I have windows server 2003!
I have the same problem in filling the fields, the only different in my case is that I have windows server 2003!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.