Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Part does not take stress.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

Part 1 does not show on my result. the only stress I can see is from bolts and bolt contact area. My expectation was to see stress from part 1 as well as part 3.

I have no clue about why I don't see any stress from part 1 and 3. Would anyone please help me with this?

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Feb 9, 2023, 6:10 p.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago Feb 2, 2023, 2:53 a.m. EST

The first thing to look for when something seems to be missing is if you have some unwanted hidings in a View node. A fast way of finding all such occurrences:

Ctrl-F and search for 'hide'

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The first thing to look for when something seems to be missing is if you have some unwanted hidings in a View node. A fast way of finding all such occurrences: Ctrl-F and search for 'hide'

Posted: 1 year ago Feb 9, 2023, 6:10 p.m. EST

Thank you so much. I realised I did not include the domain in my solid mechanics setting.

Thank you so much. I realised I did not include the domain in my solid mechanics setting.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.