Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep & Parametric Optimization changing the Heat Source and Laminar Flow

Danila Romanovich Voronin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

At first I must warn, that i'am a newbee in COMSOL. My objective is to define how the postition of transistor inside of inner flow domain affect the maximum temperature of transistor and find the position, where temperature is lowest. So i created parameters, which define the position of transistor and Domain Probe, whose type is maximum temperature of transistor. Then i set materials and defined the inner domain as laminar flow. Also i set the Power of transistor at 30 W and Heat Flux of all domains at 20 W/(m^2K). After that i created a Optimization Study. Here i defined the Objective Function and Control Variables. The Constrains I left unchanged.

The first value was fine, second was also okay, but the third was -Inf. I stopped the Solver and i saw, that Heat Source in Heat Transfer is now empty and Transistor was selected in Laminar Flow.

What did i do wrong? How could i fix that?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2023, 10:17 a.m. EDT
Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 21, 2023, 10:17 a.m. EDT

The optimization probably changed the topology of the geometry. You can put stricter bounds on the controls or use coordinate based selections to increase robustness.

Alternatively, contact comsol.com/support to have a COMSOL engineer look at your model.

The optimization probably changed the topology of the geometry. You can put stricter bounds on the controls or use coordinate based selections to increase robustness. Alternatively, contact comsol.com/support to have a COMSOL engineer look at your model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.