Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi-linear isotropic hardening

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm working on a thermo-mechanical model (including plasticity) and I am defining a hardening function by an interpolation function because I have the stress-strain curve.

The problem is that I have many stress-strain curves, because this curve is dependent on the temperature (I have all stress-strain curves for various temperatures).

My question is, how I can define multiple curves (stress-strain) in my hardening function? A first solution that I tried, was using a temperature-dependent function that multiply one of stress-strain curve (20 ° C):

hardening * F (T)

but I want to know if it is possible to do adding all the experimental data.

Thanks and best regards!

Alberto T

3 Replies Last Post Apr 26, 2016, 1:50 a.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 19, 2013, 12:30 p.m. EDT
Hi Alberto,

I believe you can define an Interpolation Function, set the Data Source field to File and reference a text file with the experimental data formatted according to the COMSOL format required for this feature (and described in the documentation).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Alberto, I believe you can define an Interpolation Function, set the Data Source field to File and reference a text file with the experimental data formatted according to the COMSOL format required for this feature (and described in the documentation). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 19, 2013, 12:43 p.m. EDT
Thanks Nagi!

done!!

Best regards!

Alberto T
Thanks Nagi! done!! Best regards! Alberto T

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 26, 2016, 1:50 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I have solving a similar problem. When we choose the interpolation function to input the values of yield stress, we also have to define the values for kinematic tangent modulus and isotropic tangent modulus. I know the value of kinematic mod, what value should i use for the isotropic modulus.?
Hi, I have solving a similar problem. When we choose the interpolation function to input the values of yield stress, we also have to define the values for kinematic tangent modulus and isotropic tangent modulus. I know the value of kinematic mod, what value should i use for the isotropic modulus.?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.