Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MSc project using COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently doing my MSc project in Teesside University and having some problems regarding the COMSOL 3.5. Therefore, I wrote to you and hoping that you can provide some guidiances.

The problem is that I cannot decide which model should I choose to simulate my model. The basic idea of my project is using COMSOL to analysis the residual stress on alloy plate before and after the welding. The University only have a student version of your software and could only provide Heat Transfer and Electro-thermal interaction models.

I was trying to follow a tutorial on the company website called "Friction Stir Welding" (see attached) and could not find the same model on uni's computer. Should I ask for a higher level license or just find another similar models in the COMSOL?

The models, which are saved as both IGES and Solidworks part files, are also attached. My idea is creating a crack (regardless of shape, a straight line shaped crack will be just fine) and do the simulation.

Thank you for your time and hope to see your reply as soon as possible.

Best Regards

0 Replies Last Post Aug 11, 2010, 10:15 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Awad Mohammed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.