COMSOL News 2019 Special Edition Power
This special edition of COMSOL News includes stories about designers, engineers, and researchers working in areas for the generation, distribution, and use of electrical power.
See how power engineers benefit from using the COMSOL Multiphysics® simulation software to develop power transformers, cable systems, transmission lines, power electronics, and more. In addition, read about how the power industry is expanding the use of simulation outside the R&D and engineering departments by building and distributing specialized simulation applications.
- High-performance power packages
- Power transformer equipment
- Underground and high-tech cables
- Lightning protection systems
- Magnetic couplings for offshore wind farms
- High-voltage transmission lines
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS)
- Nuclear fusion
- Generator circuit breakers (GCBs)
- Electrical arcing discharge
- HPC of high-power electrical devices
- Power grid operation and maintenance