Modeling Pressure Acoustics
In this 9-part, self-paced course, learn how to model pressure acoustics in COMSOL Multiphysics®. Through step-by-step demonstrations in the software, comprehensive discussions, and thorough explanations, you will gain a solid foundation in the fundamentals of building such models. You will also learn about various specialized physics features and modeling techniques you can use to efficiently perform acoustics analysis. The material covered through the duration of the course is as follows:Room acoustics surround domain, open space, and half space. Different versions of the acoustics of a room geometry used for various pressure acoustics analyses performed through the duration of the course.
Part 1: Modeling Room Acoustics
- Introduce example and build from start to finish
- Meshing and solver considerations and options
- Implementing boundary damping and volumetric damping
- Setting up PMLs to model open space for frequency domain analysis
- Using the feature to model and study the scattered pressure field
- Review differences in the model setup (versus FEM-based analysis) for pressure acoustics models
- Perform an open space acoustics analysis using BEM
- Resolving time-dependent waves
- Setting up PMLs to model open space for transient analysis
- Solving using the time-explicit discontinuous Galerkin method
Model files are included in each part of the course, so you can follow along step by step on your own time. Upon completing this course, you will know how to both effectively and efficiently perform pressure acoustics analysis.