Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I avoid electromagnetic waves entering from the sides?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all

I'm failing in simulating the fresnel equations in 2D as a small exercise with Comsol.

As you can see in the model added to this post, the reflectance and transmission in the global plots both for TE-waves ("Port, senkrecht polarisiert", Plot "Reflektion und Transimission, senkrecht") and TM-waves ("Port, paralell poralisiert", Plot "Reflektion und Transmission, paralell") seems to be correct for small angles of alpha. But for bigger angles of alpha, the simulated values differ strongly from the analytical solutions. I suspect that the wave from the upper port is also entering from the sides of the dielectica (side 1 and 6), since we have also an electrical field in the dielectrica for alpha equals 90 degrees. How can I avoid the electromagnetic wave entering from the sides 1 and 6?

I would be very happy about every help in this problem! Best wishes M.Stucki

0 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2019, 5:39 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marcel Stucki

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.