Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How To Generate Linear Polarized Light And Circular Polarized Light In Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i found out a blog on circular polarization of light. I'm unable to produce circular polarized light and linear polarized light. I have try many times but it does not happened good for me. Can you kindly enlightened me on this topic. I'm very aware of the equation behind these. But unfortunately i'm unable to undersatand how i designed cicular polarized light and linear polarized light in comsol. Can you please help me in regarding this matter. can you just send a file which involve circular polarization and linear polarization Your help is much more appreciated. Waiting for your reply. Thank You.

4 Replies Last Post Sep 13, 2021, 2:27 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 11, 2021, 10:27 a.m. EDT

This is straightforward to do. See the attached picture, which shows x-directed plane waves and how they were specified. One is CP and the other is LP.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
This is straightforward to do. See the attached picture, which shows x-directed plane waves and how they were specified. One is CP and the other is LP.

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 12, 2021, 2:40 a.m. EDT

Thank you sir, Actually I want to incident the LCP or RCP at 30 degree angle of incidence. So from where should i put that angle of incidence thing. Because in the background electric field, where i put the equation, there is no option for controlling the angle thing. Can you please enlighten me ? Thank You

Thank you sir, Actually I want to incident the LCP or RCP at 30 degree angle of incidence. So from where should i put that angle of incidence thing. Because in the background electric field, where i put the equation, there is no option for controlling the angle thing. Can you please enlighten me ? Thank You

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 12, 2021, 5:59 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Sep 12, 2021, 6:03 p.m. EDT

You can specify the individual vector components of the wave. With a little thought, some pencil and paper, etc., you should be able to see how to specify kx, ky, kz, and Ex, Ey, and Ez.
(Trust me, you'll never regret practicing your vector analysis.) :) Alternatively, you can keep the wave going along an axis, but simply rotate your whole problem geometry (but that's the quick/lazy solution).

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can specify the individual vector components of the wave. With a little thought, some pencil and paper, etc., you should be able to see how to specify kx, ky, kz, and Ex, Ey, and Ez. (Trust me, you'll never regret practicing your vector analysis.) :) Alternatively, you can keep the wave going along an axis, but simply rotate your whole problem geometry (but that's the quick/lazy solution).

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 13, 2021, 2:27 a.m. EDT

I'm new to this comsol environment and i don't have much physics background. So, can you please give me a try to produce Right Circular polarized light falling from postive firection of z-axis to the negative directive of z-axis having angle of incidence 39 degree with z-axis and azimuthal angle of 40 degree as a background electric field. This will be much more appreciate. Because currently I'm not able to understand the Kx, Ky and Kz. Please help me through this matter. This is very urgent for me. Thank You,

I'm new to this comsol environment and i don't have much physics background. So, can you please give me a try to produce Right Circular polarized light falling from postive firection of z-axis to the negative directive of z-axis having angle of incidence 39 degree with z-axis and azimuthal angle of 40 degree as a background electric field. This will be much more appreciate. Because currently I'm not able to understand the Kx, Ky and Kz. Please help me through this matter. This is very urgent for me. Thank You,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.