Address & Contact Information
Imagine if all the doctors you ever needed to see were under one roof, easily accessible, and constantly collaborating. This might be too good to be true for healthcare, but when it comes to engineering and design, this type of unified collaboration among experts is what makes AltaSim exceptionally good at what it does.
AltaSim is one of the first and largest COMSOL Certified Consultants in the United States. The AltaSim team brings more than 20 years of experience in multiphysics computational simulation to collaborative projects. The company’s strong in-house team of talented and creative scientists and engineers is dedicated to applying advanced technology for the benefit of its customers.
AltaSim’s proprietary Study, Simulate, and Solve (S3) process allows it to identify challenges, develop valuable simulations of those challenges, and solve its clients' engineering issues.
AltaSim works alongside designers and product engineers in a range of industries, including medical, electronics, consumer goods, automotive, and aerospace, to solve challenges in areas such as:
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD): single- and multiphase flow
- Electronics cooling
- Fluid–structure interactions
- Heat transfer
- Materials processing
- Plasma technology
- Structural mechanics
Featured COMSOL Multiphysics® Projects
Air Treatment Systems
AltaSim was able to develop a virtual prototype of and suggest modifications to a new design that produced the same sterilization conditions as the client's existing FDA-approved design. The client developed a physical prototype of the new design, gathered experimental data, and combined simulation and experimental data to receive approval from the FDA. Read more.
With the goal of producing more boron nitride nanotubes (BNNTs) at a lower cost, a client turned to AltaSim to provide the insights needed to adjust its manufacturing methods. AltaSim developed multiphysics simulations to better understand the complexities of the manufacturing process, which involves mixing boron powder in a carrier gas that flows through a plasma. AltaSim was able to explore the parametric space with a virtual prototype. The rich dataset developed from the simulation enabled a deep understanding of the manufacturing process. Read more.
Electronics Cooling and Processor Placement
One of AltaSim’s clients leveraged AltaSim's depth of experience with developing electronics cooling simulations to evaluate locations in a new, smaller electronics component design where the processor chip could be mounted. AltaSim developed the simulations to assess different processor locations within four weeks and for an investment of less than $20,000. Read more.
Another client came to AltaSim for its extensive expertise in developing heat transfer and thermomechanical simulations in COMSOL Multiphysics®. This client provided simulation files, and AltaSim provided a top-down review of all aspects of the simulation. AltaSim modified aspects of its client’s simulation, utilizing advanced features of the simulation software that the client did not know were available. In addition, AltaSim parameterized design variables in the simulations to enable the client to rapidly determine the effects of these design parameters on product performance. Read more.
AltaSim has a wide range of experience in developing multiphysics simulations related to the thermal management of transformers. When an expensive prototype transformer did not meet thermal requirements due to a design change during manufacturing, one client worked with AltaSim to modify its original simulations to incorporate the design change implemented. AltaSim then modified a virtual prototype to show how possible design modifications could mitigate the heat transfer issues. Read more.
One client leveraged AltaSim’s expertise in developing simulations of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and heat transfer in ovens. AltaSim developed simulations to calculate the exit temperature of the client’s product. This information enabled the client to design its manufacturing process with confidence. Read more.
Multiphysics Consulting Services
Working with AltaSim provides access to a full team of experts in multiphysics problem-solving who will develop customized, confidential simulations to solve the root cause of your most critical engineering issues.
- Multiphysics problem solving:
- Confidential, customer-focused problem solving
- Solutions for customers' multiphysics-based products, processes, and technologies
- Multiphysics technical support:
- Review of computational simulations
- Optimization of multiphysics simulation techniques
- Multiphysics applications:
- Customized COMSOL Multiphysics® applications
- Multiphysics simulation for routine use by practicing engineers
Learn from AltaSim’s Multiphysics Experts
AltaSim's training on COMSOL Multiphysics® is useful to both beginners and experienced users. AltaSim teaches the following subjects as regularly scheduled courses in the classroom and via the web:
- Multiphysics Solutions using COMSOL Multiphysics®: An Introductory Training Course
- Solver Setting for Effective Analysis in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Acoustic Solutions using COMSOL Multiphysics®
- CFD: Single-Phase Flow in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Electromagnetics in COMSOL Multiphysics®: AC/DC
- Electromagnetics in COMSOL Multiphysics®: RF and Wave Optics
- Heat Transfer Solutions using COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Structural Mechanics Solutions usingCOMSOL Multiphysics®
- App Building Strategy for COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Meshing Strategy for Effective Analysis in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Troubleshooting Your COMSOL Multiphysics® Models
- Best Practices in Multiphysics Analysis
AltaSim also provides onsite training and customized training. For more details, see: https://altasimtechnologies.com/multiphysics-training/.
Access AltaSim’s Multiphysics Expertise
AltaSim uses the following COMSOL Multiphysics® products to solve your challenges:
- Acoustics Module
- Battery Design Module
- CAD Import Module
- CFD Module
- Chemical Reaction Engineering Module
- ECAD Import Module
- Electromagnetics: AC/DC Module, RF Module, and Wave Optics Module
- Heat Transfer Module
- LiveLink™ for Excel®
- LiveLink™ for MATLAB®
- Multibody Dynamics Module
- Nonlinear Structural Materials Module
- Optimization Module
- Particle Tracing Module
- Plasma Module
- Ray Optics Module
- Structural Mechanics Module
- Subsurface Flow Module
- COMSOL Compiler™
Put The AltaSim Team on Your Team
Let AltaSim’s team of experts work for you, saving time and money while preventing design flaws and optimizing performance.