Address & Contact Information
Hivelix provides professional consulting services for multiphysics modeling and digital twin development projects that involve chemical and electrochemical phenomena. We combine our knowledge of theoretical and experimental electrochemistry with our simulation and data skills to help our customers at all levels of R&D, from idea generation to process or product development.
By using our hybrid methodology, which combines physics-based modeling and data science, our team is able to develop new theoretical models and optimize existing models to help solve your complex problems.
Integrate the benefits of digital twins and Industry 4.0 into your business with help from our team's expertise and the services we offer:
- R&D using multiphysics modeling and simulation
- Development of customized and accurate multiphysics digital twins to help you optimize your processes
- A methodology that creates value from your data by combining data science, artificial intelligence, and physics-based modeling
- Computer-aided design and optimization of your processes
- Computer-aided problem solving
- Support for and training on the COMSOL Multiphysics® software
Areas of Expertise
Surface Finishing Industry
Accurate multiphysics modeling of industrial processes helps to increase quality, efficiency, and reduce costs. Our solutions help you increase your process control of chemical plating and electroplating by improving coating thickness distribution and composition for functional and aesthetic coatings. We cover a wide range of surface finishing processes for a variety of industries, including, but not limited to, aeronautics and aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical, luxury, and additive manufacturing. Our team's areas of expertise include:
- Electroplating applied to standard and additive manufacturing parts
- Electropolishing applied to standard and additive manufacturing parts
- Microscale and macroscale electroplating for PCB and microelectronics application
- Electrophoretic deposition
- Chemical deposition and chemical etching
- Electrochemical machining
- Physical vapor deposition (PVD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD)
At Hivelix, we have developed a multi-ion and multiphysics approach (involving computational fluid dynamics (CFD), two-phase flow, tertiary current distribution, and so on), in order to increase the accuracy of simulations and digital twins.
Featured COMSOL Multiphysics Projects
A simulation of the electroplating of a Zn-Ni coating on a landing gear part.
Optimization of an electrochemical process on a complex geometry part.
Modeling electrochemical systems for batteries and energy storage improves the understanding of cell behavior. It can also be used to better predict cell behavior, such as rate performance, state of charge, lifetime degradation, electrochemical and thermal responses, and safety-related behavior. At Hivelix, we can help you model battery behavior using a multiphysics and multiscale approach, with our expertise in the following areas:
- Lithium-ion technology
- New solid-state technology
Predicting corrosion behavior can save significant cost and time, as it improves risk analysis and can help to define a better design and choice of materials. Today, multiphysics approaches and data science are being used to improve the ability to predict corrosion phenomenon in complex environments. We can help you fight corrosion at multiple scales in several environments, including, aeronautic, automotive, storage, gas, and oil. Our areas of expertise include:
- Uniform and galvanic corrosion
- Cathodic protection
- Localized corrosion (for example, intergranular and pitting)
- Multiphysics corrosion mechanisms (fatigue, fretting, erosion, and so on)
- Multiscale and multiphysics modeling
- Digital twins applied to corrosion
Multi-Ion and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Multi-ion, mass transfer, and CFD simulations are essential for our multiphysics approach to modeling chemical processes, batteries, and corrosion phenomena. Thus, we can also apply our knowledge of single-phase (laminar and turbulent) and two-phase (fluid–gas and bubbly flow) CFD to other applications for the chemical, pharmaceutical, and hydrogen energy sectors.
At Hivelix, our core principles are innovation, creativity, and responsiveness. These principles enable us to help you develop your digitalization strategy efficiently. We offer our services for one-off projects, multiyear partnerships, and multipartner projects. With experience and training in funded and confidential private and academic research projects, the Hivelix team is prepared to seamlessly integrate with yours to provide solutions for your modeling needs.