Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can not open model made in versions before COMSOL 3.5a in 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I open a COMSOL model made in versions prior to 3.5a in COMSOL 4.3?
Would someone be able to convert it for me some how?

Thanks

4 Replies Last Post Jan 14, 2013, 2:03 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2013, 3:06 a.m. EST
I read about the conversion in the document of Livelink for Matlab, however I never did that myself.
I read about the conversion in the document of Livelink for Matlab, however I never did that myself.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2013, 5:06 a.m. EST

How can I open a COMSOL model made in versions prior to 3.5a in COMSOL 4.3?
Would someone be able to convert it for me some how?

Thanks

Hi,

You must convert your model by using COMSOL 3.5a. It will work in any version after V3.5a.

Dinh
[QUOTE] How can I open a COMSOL model made in versions prior to 3.5a in COMSOL 4.3? Would someone be able to convert it for me some how? Thanks [/QUOTE] Hi, You must convert your model by using COMSOL 3.5a. It will work in any version after V3.5a. Dinh

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 13, 2013, 2:54 a.m. EST
So all I need to do is open the model in COMSOL 3.5a and then save it in order to convert it to a 3.5a file version?
So all I need to do is open the model in COMSOL 3.5a and then save it in order to convert it to a 3.5a file version?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 14, 2013, 2:03 a.m. EST

Exactly. I had the same prob a few months ago.

Dinh
[QUOTE] So all I need to do is open the model in COMSOL 3.5a and then save it in order to convert it to a 3.5a file version? [/QUOTE] Exactly. I had the same prob a few months ago. Dinh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.