Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

User defined non-Newtonian models

Seyed Mohammad Javid Mahmoudzadeh Akherat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am trying to implement a non-Newtonian constitutive relation which is different than Carreau and power law in the CFD module. My viscosity model is a function of both shear rate (gamma dot) and the concentration ratio, hence has two independent variables! It also involves some constants and has it's own unique functional form.

Can anyone please tell me how to define this function and then how to call it for calculation of the viscosity for a non-Newtonian flow simulation?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 26, 2014, 12:26 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seyed Mohammad Javid Mahmoudzadeh Akherat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.