Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Re-mesh an imported mesh file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have imported a .mphtxt file (containing a 3D geometry) into COMSOL 3.5 and tried to re-mesh all the sub-domains.

However, COMSOL gives me an error - "Error: 4121. Cannot remesh imported mesh".

Is there anyway I could do this operation?

Thanks.

4 Replies Last Post Nov 23, 2010, 12:16 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2010, 5:25 a.m. EST
Hi

traditional FEM tools work a lot on mesh as the geoemtrical base, COMSOL does not, you should ideall try to import geometries, or try to have 3.5a to generate a geoemtry from your mesh and then export/import the geoemtry, then remesh in V4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi traditional FEM tools work a lot on mesh as the geoemtrical base, COMSOL does not, you should ideall try to import geometries, or try to have 3.5a to generate a geoemtry from your mesh and then export/import the geoemtry, then remesh in V4 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 22, 2010, 9:23 a.m. EST
Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please suggest as to how I can create geometry from the mesh file in 3.5a?

Hello, Thank you for the reply. Can you please suggest as to how I can create geometry from the mesh file in 3.5a?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 22, 2010, 3:08 p.m. EST
Hi

take a read in the doc, i.e. chapter on "Creating a Geometry from a Mesh" p369 in guide.pdf for 3.5a.

It really worth to "index" your pdf files and run a search on them, most answers are therein

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi take a read in the doc, i.e. chapter on "Creating a Geometry from a Mesh" p369 in guide.pdf for 3.5a. It really worth to "index" your pdf files and run a search on them, most answers are therein -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2010, 12:16 a.m. EST
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.