Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

HELICAL COIL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I did helical coil simulation in 2D Axial Symmetry. I got coil inductance and coil resistance but the problem is when i check the simulated results with practical results(Using LRC meter) simulation not even showing the near value. I am attaching my simulation results and My coil diagram. Can any one please help me. I am struck with this simulation. . Hope you understand my request.

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies Last Post Mar 23, 2011, 2:42 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 22, 2011, 2:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

you have missed a few things there: 2D axi is only valid in r>0 (right side of the vertical axis, and you are not looking down the coil axis, its the vertical axis "z" in 2D-axi.

Check the doc to better understand which plane you should work on and how it projects

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have missed a few things there: 2D axi is only valid in r>0 (right side of the vertical axis, and you are not looking down the coil axis, its the vertical axis "z" in 2D-axi. Check the doc to better understand which plane you should work on and how it projects -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 22, 2011, 6:49 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I am doing same kind of simulation in 3D. I am following the example power inductor. I am passing AC current through the coil. I am getting some errors when i am solving. Can any body suggest me some way how to solve errors(some examples). I am attaching my coil. My model file is too big so i can't able to attach but you can download from this link(rapidshare.com/files/453800179/10-turns.mph). Hope you understand my request.

Thanks a lot .
Hi Ivar, I am doing same kind of simulation in 3D. I am following the example power inductor. I am passing AC current through the coil. I am getting some errors when i am solving. Can any body suggest me some way how to solve errors(some examples). I am attaching my coil. My model file is too big so i can't able to attach but you can download from this link(http://rapidshare.com/files/453800179/10-turns.mph). Hope you understand my request. Thanks a lot .

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 23, 2011, 2:42 a.m. EDT
Hi

to upload your files, clean them from the solution and the mesh:

File - Clear Mesh, Clear Solution, Reset History

in early v4 they where not all there, then right click the first "size" node in the mesh and do a Build selected
the in the Solver Configuration node, right click and CLEAR solution (do NOT DELETE)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi to upload your files, clean them from the solution and the mesh: File - Clear Mesh, Clear Solution, Reset History in early v4 they where not all there, then right click the first "size" node in the mesh and do a Build selected the in the Solver Configuration node, right click and CLEAR solution (do NOT DELETE) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.