Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Differences in porous media flows coupled with Navier Stokes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am using Comsol 5.3a to solve a coupled free and porous media flow. I see in the documentation that .fp (free and porous media flow) module keeps the velocity and pressure continuous accross the interface but not the stress. Also .br (Brinkman) module seems to do the same. I want to know the difference, and how this is implemented. Do they use a stress jump coupling condition (Like in Ochoa Tapia Whitaker) between NS and Brinkman or a unified one domain approach like a Penalization method with characteristic functions for each domain. and if so, what is the difference between .fp and .br? I see the same equations...

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and reply to my question.

Regards,

0 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2018, 10:29 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antonios Parasyris

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.