Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid flow correlated with heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Community,

I'm quite new with Comsol and totally new in the field of fluid flow, but I have to simulate the following problem:

Fluid flow of a hot gas takes place in a 3D "box" (cold), the interior heats up and the heat is transferred to the walls of the box. I want to see how the hot gas is distributed and how warm the walls get over the time. The hot gas is coming through inlets and leaving through outlets, the interior and the walls are cold at the beginning.

My question is:
Shall I use the Non-isothermal flow in combination with heat transfer or can I use Conjugate heat transfer?

Can I set the temperature of the gas in both variations?

Thank you,

Birgit Palm

1 Reply Last Post Jul 4, 2011, 7:35 a.m. EDT
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 4, 2011, 7:35 a.m. EDT
Hi,
You can use Conjugate Heat Transfer or Non Isothermal Flow (without any combination).
Regards,
Andrzej
Hi, You can use Conjugate Heat Transfer or Non Isothermal Flow (without any combination). Regards, Andrzej

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.