Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change Entity Numbering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am an student and want to use Comsol for the mesh generation. It would be important for me that the geometric entity index 1 is assigned to a specific geometric entity. As far as I understood so far the geometric entity 1 will be the geometric entity of the first element, which is likely in the top left corner (in 2D). So I would have to change the numbering of the elements or the numbers of the geometric entities. How can I do this?

Edit: just to be clear, I speak about the geometric entity indices found in the mphtxt file

Edit2: Currently I didn't get an answer. In case the reason is that my question was not understood, just tell me and I will try to formulate my question better.

Edit 3: Ok, it might be sufficient if I just knew how to change the domain numbers, before the mphtxt file is created in the meshing.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 4, 2011, 6:12 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samuel Andermatt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.