Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

anyone expert in pde and ode....

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

pls check why is it giving an error i have tried 1000 times also i have posted many times in the forum but no one replies to it ...i dnt knw y??? if possible pls take up this challenge or atleast gv sm positive feedback....

thanking u in anticipation..

4 Replies Last Post Sep 18, 2011, 10:37 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 15, 2011, 4:57 p.m. EDT

pls check why is it giving an error i have tried 1000 times also i have posted many times in the forum but no one replies to it ...i dnt knw y??? if possible pls take up this challenge or atleast gv sm positive feedback....

thanking u in anticipation..

Hi
No expert on either but a quick search in the forum on the error message leads to several threads that could be worth reading.
Maybe a sweep to ramp up BC could do the trick ?

Nils Eivind
[QUOTE] pls check why is it giving an error i have tried 1000 times also i have posted many times in the forum but no one replies to it ...i dnt knw y??? if possible pls take up this challenge or atleast gv sm positive feedback.... thanking u in anticipation.. [/QUOTE] Hi No expert on either but a quick search in the forum on the error message leads to several threads that could be worth reading. Maybe a sweep to ramp up BC could do the trick ? Nils Eivind

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 17, 2011, 7:54 p.m. EDT
(I changed the answer)
(I changed the answer)

Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 18, 2011, 10:03 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I've reviewed your attached files and have the following comments.
In the ODEs there exists a variable V, which depends on the spatial coordinate x. Therefore the ODEs are the so-called distributed ODEs. You should use Distributed ODEs and DAEs node instead of Global ODEs and DAEs. This node does not exist in Comsol 4.0a. You need Comsol 4.2.

Best regards,
Andrzej
Hi, I've reviewed your attached files and have the following comments. In the ODEs there exists a variable V, which depends on the spatial coordinate x. Therefore the ODEs are the so-called distributed ODEs. You should use Distributed ODEs and DAEs node instead of Global ODEs and DAEs. This node does not exist in Comsol 4.0a. You need Comsol 4.2. Best regards, Andrzej

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 18, 2011, 10:37 a.m. EDT
thank you andrez i will try it....
thank you andrez i will try it....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.