Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.2 license price

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all
just curious, is COMSOL academic license price the same around the world? Is there any price difference between those purchased from agents compared to if I purchase it directly from COMSOL? I find that the price in my country is a bit too expensive and I am unable to buy another year of license renewal. Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2011, 4:27 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2011, 2:42 a.m. EST
Hi

form my experience, COMSOl has a very reasonable price per capability, and a clean price distribution. But the best place to get that information is via your local representation, here on the FORUM we are only users, and as COMSOL is a commerial product, its their responsability. And a price, by essence is what a customer will pay for something, not really related to an absolute value, a "value" is very situation and person related

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi form my experience, COMSOl has a very reasonable price per capability, and a clean price distribution. But the best place to get that information is via your local representation, here on the FORUM we are only users, and as COMSOL is a commerial product, its their responsability. And a price, by essence is what a customer will pay for something, not really related to an absolute value, a "value" is very situation and person related -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2011, 4:27 a.m. EST
hi Ivar
I spent a few years in the UK and back to my country 2 years back. My generally experience in purchasing engineering software is that it costs A LOT MORE in my country compared to that in the UK. The main reason, I suspect, is that I buy the software through the local representative. If I have a choice, I prefer to deal with COMSOL itself instead of the local representative.
By the way, I agree that COMSOL is reasonably priced for its capabilities if I could buy it from COMSOL.

Thanks.
hi Ivar I spent a few years in the UK and back to my country 2 years back. My generally experience in purchasing engineering software is that it costs A LOT MORE in my country compared to that in the UK. The main reason, I suspect, is that I buy the software through the local representative. If I have a choice, I prefer to deal with COMSOL itself instead of the local representative. By the way, I agree that COMSOL is reasonably priced for its capabilities if I could buy it from COMSOL. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.