Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: Unknown function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I get error message:

Unknown function.
- Name: mat1.ref.rho

There's model in COMSOL Heat Transfer module library named circuit_board_nat_3d. It has a function which calculates density changes due to temperature and pressure (function is described as rho_ref in "Definitions>variables" and used in "Volume force" node).
In my model volume force is described the same as in turorial model, the function also is the same, but when I try to compute, solver leads to error! What's wrong? Why solver can't understand this function if in tutorial model it's ok?

2 Replies Last Post May 2, 2012, 5:29 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2012, 2:07 p.m. EDT
Solved it. Had to change mat1 to mat2.
Solved it. Had to change mat1 to mat2.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2012, 5:29 p.m. EDT
Hi

in v4.2 there is something calle "materials.rho" (check carefully the doc) for a generic naming, also (or only?) for data not used by present physics.
going after the direct "tag" names is error prone as you have experienced. Normally you use physics.rho where physics is solid, or ht or ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v4.2 there is something calle "materials.rho" (check carefully the doc) for a generic naming, also (or only?) for data not used by present physics. going after the direct "tag" names is error prone as you have experienced. Normally you use physics.rho where physics is solid, or ht or ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.