Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The average value of surface.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am new in using COMSOL 4.2. I need to create a 2D model of permanent magnet and show its magnetic field. (This I already have - I hope correctly - I created a big square (AIR) with permeability 1 and there smaller rectangle (MAGNET). Magnet is created of premagnetized Iron with permeability 4000 and magnetization 750 [kA/m]).

Now in this magnetic field I need to mark the surface and calculate the mean value of intensity magnetic field in this surface. Then this surface to move a little further and again calculate the mean value of intensity magnetic field. Then again move....

Can someone help me?
I think, the solve will be in postprocessing and probably using parametric variables, but I am not able to do it.

Thanks to all for help.

Petr.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 9, 2012, 5:23 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 9, 2012, 5:23 a.m. EDT
Hi

always possible with matlab, but the "lazy" way would be to make several rectangles in an "onion layer" configuration for your "air" and then select the boundaries to integrate the field over these, as a series of Derived Values nodes, and then plot the resulting table

You have the "layer" advanced feature in the geoemtrical nodes, tes it out

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi always possible with matlab, but the "lazy" way would be to make several rectangles in an "onion layer" configuration for your "air" and then select the boundaries to integrate the field over these, as a series of Derived Values nodes, and then plot the resulting table You have the "layer" advanced feature in the geoemtrical nodes, tes it out -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.