Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flexera lmadmin with COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am attempting to serve my COMSOL FNL license using Flexera's new lmadmin tool, instead of the old lmgrd daemon that ships with the COMSOL installer. It seems to work, but I have run in to the following issues:

1. When importing the License.dat file, there is an "inconsistent server port" error, unless I delete the SERVER port (1718) from the License.dat file. The error is thrown despite the fact that I changed the "License Server Manager Port" to 1718 in the "License Server Configuration" section of the FlexNet License Administrator tool.

2. When installing the COMSOL software on a client computer, I must use 1719 (the LMCOMSOL daemon port) instead of 1718 (the license server manager port) when specifying the license server port number and host name, otherwise the license is not found.

So far, the two work-arounds described above seem to work (i.e., delete the SERVER port number from the license file, and point clients directly to the vendor daemon port, 1719). However, I would appreciate any insight that anybody may be able to provide (as to why these issues occurred), and especially any warnings about possible future problems that may result from the work-arounds I have proposed.

Thanks,

JK

1 Reply Last Post Feb 5, 2015, 10:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jens Karlsson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 5, 2015, 10:49 a.m. EST
I came into same issue. I just change the port 1719 to the License Manager port I was already using. This seemed to work fine. If want to change the manager port to 1719 double check your firewalls.

I didn't try changing the License Manager port as I already had multiple license being hosted here.
I came into same issue. I just change the port 1719 to the License Manager port I was already using. This seemed to work fine. If want to change the manager port to 1719 double check your firewalls. I didn't try changing the License Manager port as I already had multiple license being hosted here.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.