Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding coupled two phase level set and heat trasfer in fluids module

Gollakota Anjani Ravikiran

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate a single hot air bubble in stagnant liquid, say , water. I tried to use two phase level set along with heat transfer in fluids module. For the heat transfer in fluids section i used two initial values, for water, say T= 300 K and for air 800 K . In the fluid section in heat transfer i used the density of the liquid/gas as tpf.rho. there is no provision for selected the bubble inside this module. I results which got to me showed that the bubble is moving up, it is totally fine but with heat transfer the temperature profile look like it is treating the area of the bubble as a solid with initial temperature 800 K . Actually the results should look like the temperature plot on surface should move along the bubble.Please do the needy and thank you in advance....

1 Reply Last Post Feb 6, 2015, 8:32 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 6, 2015, 8:32 a.m. EST
hello Ravikiran, I am also having some trouble of similar nature while using phase field and heat transfer in fluids physics together. I have played with my model a number of times but every time the tempearture profile behaved as if the liquid phase is stagnant at its initial position. At last I tried with non-conservative form and then I could obtain a temperature profile which I would say was reasonably correct ,though with a little delayed time scale as compared to what we would expect in real conditions. By the way my problem consists of simulating vertical coalescence of two drops with a small temperature difference of 5K between the drops. As of now I have not been able to get the correct temperature profile in comsol.
hello Ravikiran, I am also having some trouble of similar nature while using phase field and heat transfer in fluids physics together. I have played with my model a number of times but every time the tempearture profile behaved as if the liquid phase is stagnant at its initial position. At last I tried with non-conservative form and then I could obtain a temperature profile which I would say was reasonably correct ,though with a little delayed time scale as compared to what we would expect in real conditions. By the way my problem consists of simulating vertical coalescence of two drops with a small temperature difference of 5K between the drops. As of now I have not been able to get the correct temperature profile in comsol.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.