Application ID: 26611
This app demonstrates the following:
- Multiple tabs in the ribbon
- Geometry parts and parameterized geometries
- Parts and cumulative selections can be used to automatically set domain and boundary settings in the embedded model
- Adding or removing geometry parts with different geometrical configuration
- Options for creating different mesh sizes
- Sending an email with a report when the computation is finished
- User-defined email server settings which is useful when running compiled standalone applications
- Sliders to control the visualization of a slice plot
The app provides a user-friendly interface where scientists and process engineers can investigate the influence that vessels, impellers, baffles, and operating conditions have on the mixing efficiency and on the power that is required to drive the impellers. You can use this application to understand and optimize the design and operation of a mixer for a given fluid.
You can specify the dimensions of the vessel from a list of three types and the dimensions and configuration of the impellers from a list of eleven types. The vessels can also be equipped with baffles. You can further specify the impeller speed and the properties of the fluid that is being mixed.
This application example illustrates applications of this type that would nominally be built using the following products:
however, additional products may be required to completely define and model it. Furthermore, this example may also be defined and modeled using components from the following product combinations:
- COMSOL Multiphysics® and
- either the CFD Module, or Heat Transfer Module and
- either the CFD Module, or Polymer Flow Module
The combination of COMSOL® products required to model your application depends on several factors and may include boundary conditions, material properties, physics interfaces, and part libraries. Particular functionality may be common to several products. To determine the right combination of products for your modeling needs, review the Specification Chart and make use of a free evaluation license. The COMSOL Sales and Support teams are available for answering any questions you may have regarding this.