Various Analyses of an Elbow Bracket
Application ID: 4131
The component depicted in this model is part of a support mechanism and is subjected to various mechanical loads. This tutorial model takes you through the steps to carry out a detailed analysis of the part using the Structural Mechanics Module.
In the various parts of the example you are introduced to using the available basic analysis types, together with numerous postprocessing possibilities. These analysis types are:
- Static analysis
- Eigenfrequency analysis
- Damped eigenfrequency analysis
- Transient analysis
- Modal-based transient analysis
- Frequency response analysis
- Modal-based frequency response analysis
- Parametric analysis
- Linear buckling analysis
This tutorial model comes in two versions:
- A short version, elbow-bracket-brief, treating the three first analysis types in the above list.
- A complete version, elbow-bracket, treating all nine analysis types.
This application was built using the following:Structural Mechanics Module
The combination of COMSOL® products required to model your application depends on the physics interfaces that define it. Particular physics interfaces may be common to several products (see the Specification Chart for more details). To determine the right combination of products for your project, you should evaluate all of your needs in light of each product's capabilities, consultation with the COMSOL Sales and Support teams, and the use of an evaluation license.