Using LiveLink™ for SOLIDWORKS® to Create Geometry in COMSOL Multiphysics®
LiveLink™ for SOLIDWORKS® is an add-on product to the COMSOL Multiphysics® software that enables you to link and synchronize the CAD geometries you have open in SOLIDWORKS® to an open session of COMSOL Multiphysics®. In this tutorial video, you will receive an introduction to using this tool to add a SOLIDWORKS® assembly file and part file, through synchronization, for the geometry in COMSOL Multiphysics®. A wrench and bolt assembly and an injection mold of a steering wheel serve as the assembly and part files, respectively.
Additionally, in this tutorial you will learn about the following:
- The basics of synchronization
- How to prevent parts of the geometry in SOLIDWORKS® from being synced to COMSOL Multiphysics®
- What associativity means, customizing the associativity of the SOLIDWORKS® geometry in the LiveLink™ interface, and the use cases for turning associativity on or off
- How to expand on the imported geometry by building new geometry
- The handling of unit conversion between SOLIDWORKS® and COMSOL Multiphysics®
To learn more about LiveLink™ for SOLIDWORKS®, click here.
SOLIDWORKS is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.